Thursday, April 15, 2010

Convicted

I was convicted after small group for my flawed thinking, so I changed the way I think.

After we read our passage from Colossians, I was convicted that I'm not extending our children the same grace and patience that I extend to the adults. This was manifest to me when I was getting frustrated that all the children we crying instead of sleeping.

They are just as much a part of our small group as the adults, therefore I ought to extend the same amount of grace to them, and therefore complete our vision for the group. It is nothing short of contradiction that I talk about adjusting our agenda to accommodate the needs of the group members, but have only the adults in mind - pure selfishness.

So, I'm sorry for my lack of compassion.

This will definitely help me to temper myself when we have our discussion concerning childcare and group functionality.

I'm blessed by all of you (that includes you Jamin, Ira, Graydon, Baby Harms, Elijah, Corban, and Jadon).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Love, a good word. All of the children are as much part of this small group as any of us. May the Lord give us wisdom to know how to best order our times together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a really great sub-point in a message on spiritual gifts recently. I was reminded that even children can be powerfully gifted by the Holy Spirit at a very young age (even a two year old). The Spirit may have clear messages of upbuilding and exhortation to bring to us even through our children! This kind of thinking gives me a better perspective as we consider how to handle these little ones we've been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete