Monday, March 29, 2010

raised to be shown His kindness

The other morning I had a sweet time meditating on Ephesians 2:4-7. 

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when
we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved-and raised us up with him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

It is a text I have read and heard hundreds of times. But that morning, the Spirit impressed something new upon my heart and mind. I was raised with Christ, SO THAT God could lavish me with His kindness today and for all eternity. He raised me from the dead to show me His kindness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment